CHEESY ZUCCHINI SPINACH QUESADILLAS
Your kids will actually REQUEST this dinner, even though it is chock full of veggies!
Author: Kristin @ DizzyBusyandHungry.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small green zucchini, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large or 2 small yellow zucchini, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic (add more if you really like garlic!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 bag baby spinach (can use frozen spinach in a pinch, just thaw it first)
- 8 ounces shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
- Warm the olive oil over medium heat, then add the green and yellow squash and garlic and cook until softened but not mushy, about 5-8 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Brush or spray one side of a tortilla with a little bit of olive oil. Place in a skillet pre-heated over medium heat, with the oil side down. Cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown on the bottom, then remove.
- Brush or spray one side of another tortilla with olive oil. Place in the skillet, oil side down. Moving quickly, distribute about ¼ of the cooked zucchini, spread a layer of spinach over the zucchini, then sprinkle about ¼ of the shredded cheese over the whole thing.
- Top with the browned tortilla (browned side up). Cook for a few minutes until the bottom tortilla is golden brown on the bottom and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to prepare each of the remaining 3 servings.