Juicy Roast Turkey Breast
- 1 bone-in turkey breast half, about 2½ pounds, with skin on
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- ½ lemon
- ½ head of garlic, crushed with paper on
- 1 cup white wine
- 4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse and pat dry the turkey breast. With your fingers, carefully separate skin from the turkey meat and spread half of the butter under the skin.
- Spread the rest of the butter on top of the skin. Place turkey breast in a roasting pan and season with kosher salt and pepper. Pour wine over breast, then squeeze juice from the lemon over the breast and then add to pan with the garlic.
- Top the breast with thyme sprigs.
- Roast turkey until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the breast reaches 140 degrees, or for about 30-35 minutes. Remove from pan and cover and rest for at least 15 minutes and then slice turkey as needed.
- Reserve pan drippings for gravy if desired.