This Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad is the ultimate! Creamy chicken salad with roasted jalapeños, bacon and cheddar cheese. Say goodbye to boring ol' chicken sandwiches and have Jalapeño Popper Chicken Wraps instead.
- 2 Lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (pounded to an even thickness)
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 4 Jalapeños (stems/seeds removed, sliced in half lengthwise)
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise (or sub with sour cream)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cooked Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F
Place chicken in large baking dish. Coat with olive oil, salt/pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and cumin. Cover baking dish with foil.
Place jalapeños in a separate smaller baking dish. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover baking dish with foil.
Bake chicken and jalapeños at the same time. Remove jalapeños after 30 minutes. Let cool then chop.
Continue to cook chicken until it reaches an internal temp of 165°F (typically 45-60 minutes total, depending on size and thickness) Remove chicken from oven and let cool.
Transfer chicken to large bowl and shred with two forks. Add chopped jalapeños, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and bacon. Stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste then gently stir in shredded cheddar.
Serve in wraps, sandwiches, on top of salad, crackers or alone.