Chicken Parmesan Meatball Poppers
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ small onion, grated
- 2 Tbsp + 1 cup marinara sauce (divided)
- ½ Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
Set aside 1 cup marinara and shredded Italian cheese.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs. Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, portion out meat mixture and place on baking sheet. After all meatballs have been scooped onto tray, roll into balls. TIP: If you lightly wet your hands the meatballs will form better and crack less. Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly browned.
Turn oven to broil.
Drizzle a spoonful of marinara over each meatball. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Serve and enjoy!