Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 english muffins, halved and toasted
- 1/3 cup refried beans
- 2 eggs*
- 1 ripe California Avocado
- Salt and Pepper
- While the english muffins are toasting, peel and pit the California Avocado and use a fork to mash it. Add salt to taste. Heat up refried beans till warm and spreadable in microwave. Spread half of the bean mixture on the bottom of each english muffin, then spread half of the avocado on the top of each english muffin.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Crack eggs into pan, one at a time, making sure the egg whites don't touch. Sprinkle with salt and pepper according to taste preferences. Let cook for 1-2 minutes, longer if desired, then carefully use a spatula to flip the eggs over. Season again with salt and pepper. Let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or longer if desired. Place the cooked egg on top of the english muffin that is covered in beans. Repeat with the other egg.
- Add your desired amount of salsa on top of the egg, then place the avocado smeared half of the english muffin on top. Enjoy!