Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Sweet and Zesty echiladas stuffed with a cheesy refried bean mixture and a honey lime chicken mixture covered in melted cheese. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner!
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 whole rotissere chicken, shredded (about 2 cups)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup lime juice
1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
1 (4.5 oz) can diced green chilis
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
1/2 cup water
2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
8-10 flour tortillas or 12-15 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spary a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat with olive oil and add onion. Cook until onion is golden brown and translucent.
- To the skillet, add chicken, honey, lime juice, 1/2 can enchilada sauce, green chilis, and chili powder.
- In a small sauce pan stir together refried beans, water, and 1 cup cheese over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the mixture is completely combined.
- Lightly spray 2 pans with non-stick baking spray. (I usually use one 9×13 and one 9×9 but it may vary with how thick you stuff your enchiladas) Fill tortillas with shredded meat and refried bean mixture. Make sure to not over stuff enchiladas because that will make them hard to roll up. Roll and place folded side down in dish.
- Pour remainder of sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Then turn on broiler and place enchiladas nearer the top of oven. Let it broil until cheese is slightly brown and crispy.