HASHBROWNS, SPINACH AND TOMATO PIE
Hashbrowns, Spinach and Tomato Pie is the perfect addition to your Easter Brunch Menu!
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 cups Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups packed fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk (I use skim)
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; press down the Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes into the pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes; remove from oven top with ½-cup shredded mozzarella and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add spinach and tomatoes; cook for 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and spread over potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over spinach and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella over the pie.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.