Ham and Swiss Croissant Bake
This quick and easy breakfast casserole featuring croissants, ham and cheese, is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner!
- 3 large croissants
- 8 ounces chopped cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Spray a deep-dish pie plate or 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Cut croissants in half lengthwise, then tear or cut each half into 5-6 pieces. Place croissant pieces in prepared pan. Sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over croissants; press croissant pieces into egg mixture to moisten completely. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Total time does not include refrigeration.