Grilled Cheese Fries
- 2 tubes of crescent roll dough
- Velveeta cheese, thinly sliced
- oil for frying
- flour for dusting to prevent sticking
- Lightly flour your countertop. Unroll one of the tubes of crescent roll dough into a rectangle, and press the seams together with your fingers. Lay the Velveeta cheese slices on top of the crescent roll dough rectangle. Unroll the other crescent roll dough, press the seams together as you did the first one, and then lay on top of the cheese topped one. Press the end seams together with your fingers. Roll out flat with a rolling pin.
- Fold your cheese filled crescent dough in half. Roll out flat. Fold in half again, roll again. Then repeat one more time. At this point, your cheese & dough will start becoming one with each other.
- Slice the cheese filled dough into strips. Cut the strips in half if they are too long. Fry in hot oil for about 20 seconds, being careful to not over cook. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve hot.