Grilled Balsamic Vegetables
- 1 lb zucchini, cut in half lengthwise & in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 lb bell peppers, cut into wide strips
- 1 large red or white onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley or basil, chopped
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together Balsamic Dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat grill on low and spray with cooking spray. Place vegetables in a single layer on the grill, close the lid and cook for 12 minutes, flipping once.* Vegetables should be tender to the touch, with nice grill marks. Cook longer if you like softer vegetables.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl, pour Balsamic Dressing on top, sprinkle with parsley/basil and gently mix. Serve hot, warm or cold. Vegetables taste even better the next day as the flavours continue to "marry" each other.
Grills vary. Cooking time will vary depending on the age and make/model of your grill. I have new Coleman BBQ which is quite powerful if I compare it to my old grill. Use your judgement and experience with your grill.