Green Chile Grilled Chicken Burgers
YIELD: 4 burgers
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- For serving: Sliced tomatoes, fresh cilantro, sour cream, sliced avocado, salsa
- Canola oil, for grilling
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, green chiles, green onion, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Divide and shape into 4 patties.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium and prepare any desired burger toppings.
- Lightly brush the grill with canola oil. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes, flip, then grill for an additional 3-5 minutes, until cooked through. During the last few minutes of cooking, top the burgers with pepper jack cheese and let melt. If desired, toast the buns on the grill as well.
- Enjoy immediately with any desired toppings.
Serving Size: 1 burger, with whole wheat bun and cheese (no other toppings)
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 334
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 683mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 38g