Red Curry Chicken Burgers with Grilled Pineapple
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste from WORLDFOODS Fusion of Flavours
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced into 4 thick slices
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and sliced into 1-inch-thick slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, stir together lime juice and zest, and mayonnaise. In medium bowl, combine chicken and curry paste. Form into 4 patties, making sure not to over-work the meat mixture.
- Spray both sides of chicken patties, onion and pineapple with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer patties, onion and pineapple to hot grill rack. Cook onion and pineapple for 4 to 6 minutes or until dark grill marks appear, turning once; transfer onion and pineapple to plate as they finish cooking. Cook burgers for 6 to 8 minutes, or until internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached, turning once.
- Assemble burgers using hamburger buns, chicken patties, grilled onion and pineapple, and lime mayonnaise.