Garlic Chipotle Muffins with Scallions Cheddar & Bacon
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup of cooked bacon (2-3 slices), crumbled
- 1/2 cup of garlic chipotle butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of buttermilk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line baking cups in the muffin pan.
Using a stand or electric mixer (or mix by hand) mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, scallions, cheese and bacon.
In a medium bowl whisk butter, egg and buttermilk until combined. Slowly pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Do not overmix.
Spoon batter (I used a 3-tablespoons large cookie scoop) into the greased or lined muffin cups and bake for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick/tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool slightly, about 5-7 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature (best served warm).