Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon English Muffins
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEb and 1 syn per serving
Original – 1 HEb and 1 syn per serving
- 2 Thomas Light Multigrain English Muffins (or use wholewheat bread (2 HEb’s)
- 300g of mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of light philadelphia (1.5 syns)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard (0.5 syns)
- Pam or frylight spray
- 4 slices of back bacon (fat removed) (I used 4 slices of Lou’s peameal bacon which is free here in Canada)
- 100ml of chicken stock
- fresh parsley
Cook bacon to your liking and toast muffins
Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some Pam or Frylight spray and add mushrooms, and garlic.
Add a little bit of the chicken stock at a time and cook mushrooms until they are nice and golden.
Mix the Philadelphia with a tiny bit of hot water to melt into a smooth liquid (not too thick and not too watery).
Reduce heat on mushrooms and stir in the mustard and then the Philadelphia. Sprinkle with some fresh Italian parsley.
Serve on top of the muffins and bacon
A great dish for breakfast or lunch!!