Fried Grouper Sandwich, with Cajun Aioli
- 4 6 oz. Grouper fillets
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
- Cornmeal for dredging the fish
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Beat eggs, salt and cayenne in a shallow dish. Place flour mixture and cornmeal in two shallow dishes.
- Dredge each fillet in flour mixture and dip in egg was. Dredge filets in cornmeal last.
- In a deep fry pan, heat 1-inch of oil to 375 degrees (deep-fat thermometer). Fry fillers in batches for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer fillets to paper towels to drain. To serve, layer lettuce, sliced tomatoes and fillets on a potato roll.