Fried Egg and Avocado Toast
Sunny side up, avocado, and salsa is a delicious breakfast, lunch, or dinner treat.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4-large eggs
- 2-peeled ripe avocados, mashed
- 4-(1-ounce) slices hearty whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1/4-teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4-teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-cup refrigerated fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Crack eggs into pan; cook 2 minutes. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Spread one-fourth of mashed avocado evenly over each toast slice. Top each toast slice with 1 fried egg. Sprinkle eggs evenly with salt and black pepper. Top each assembled avocado toast with 2 tablespoons fresh salsa or pico de gallo. Enjoy!
Adapted from Cooking Light, Summer Cookbook