AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGGS, SPINACH, AND TOMATOES
This simple and healthy toast is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
yield: SERVES 1
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
- 1/2 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 2 large egg whites or 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 slice Private Selection Multigrain bread, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, pit and skin removed
- 2 Private Selection Campari tomatoes, sliced
- Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the shallot and spinach and cook over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Spray the pan again. Pour beaten egg whites or egg into the pan and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook over medium heat until soft-scrambled, about 2 minutes.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and spread evenly on piece of toast. Top the avocado toast with spinach, scrambled eggs, and tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Note-to make this gluten-free, use gluten-free bread.