Fresh Goat Cheese - available in a variety of flavors
The Vermont Creamery story begins with this mild goats’ milk cheese. It was on a farm in Brittany where young Allison Hooper learned the time-honored traditions of European artisanal cheesemaking. Chèvre was still largely unavailable in Vermont and in the U.S. at the time – but not for long. Allison returned to Vermont and found a business partner in Bob Reese; together, they created Vermont Creamery’s first product, fresh chèvre.
VC’s Fresh Goat Cheese has earned an honored place among chefs and consumers alike. The cheese is made with fresh goats’ milk from family farms that is naturally coagulated overnight, drained and then shaped into logs. This cheese is distinguished by a simple, mild, fresh goats’ milk flavor and is highly versatile as an ingredient or as part of a cheeseboard.
New in 2018!
- Clover Blossom Honey: Simple and satisfying, the sweetness of pure, clover blossom honey is perfectly paired with the tart creaminess of fresh chèvre. Our domestically-sourced honey is produced in North Dakota.
- Blueberry Lemon & Thyme: our classic chèvre is elevated with the addition of dried wild blueberries, candied lemon peel and thyme.
- Smoky Pepper Jelly: Sweet meets heat in this blend of pleasantly spicy pepper jelly with subtle notes of hickory wood smoke.
Also, available in: Classic, Three Peppercorn, Herb de Provence, Cranberry Orange & Cinnamon.
- Made from pasteurized goat's milk.
- Photo depicts whole 4 oz. form of cheese.
- Suitable for vegetarians.