Zucchini, Onion and Feta Cheese Omelet Recipe
- ¾ tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are starting to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add the grated zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and water until combined.
- Wipe out the skillet, coat with cooking spray and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and cook until the edges begin to set. Gently lift the edge of the omelet with a spatula and tilt the pan to allow the uncooked egg mixture to run into the bottom of the pan. Continue to do this as the omelet cooks.
- Cook until the center is set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture onto half of the omelet and top with the feta cheese.
- With a spatula, loosen the omelet from the pan and fold it in half. Slide it onto a cutting board. Cut the omelet in half and serve, garnishing with parsley.