French Onion Chicken Sliders
Juicy chicken mini sandwiches topped with melty swiss cheese and savory caramelized onions.
Recipe type: Main Dish / Appetizer
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, each cut in half crosswise to make 8 total
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 pieces lettuce
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- dijon mustard, to taste
- 8 slider buns
- Melt butter in a medium skillet or pan. Add onion slices and saute for 5-10 minutes until translucent and caramelized. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and Italian seasoning. In the same pan you used for the onions, cook chicken over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Place one slice of cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Turn off heat then cover until cheese is melted.
- Assemble sliders by spreading dijon mustard on one half of each slider bun. Top with lettuce, chicken and cheese, and caramelized onions then the second half of the slider buns. Serve immediately.