Fig, Prosciutto and Pesto Sandwich Baguette
Layer pieces of ciabatta or a sturdy sandwich roll with grated fontina or mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced prosciutto, sliced figs, and arugula. If you have a panini maker, grill the sandwich until it's hot and crispy. Otherwise, cook it on a grill pan or skillet until the cheese melts.
- 2.5 oz fresh French baguette (about 6"long)
- 1 tbsp homemade fig chutney
- 1 1/2 tsp homemade basil pesto
- 1/3 cup arugula
- 2 thin slices prosciutto
- Cut bread lengthwise.
- Spread bottom side with fig chutney. Spread top side with pesto. Make sure sides don't touch.
- Add arugula, then prosciutto.