FIG AND GOAT CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN - Serves 2
Inspired by Young, Broke & Happy
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon rosemarry
- 6 figs, coursly chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 figs, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Prepare chicken by running a sharp knife down the long side of the chicken breast. Fillet the chicken until you reach the other end but be careful not to cut all the way through. Split open chicken and lay flat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place half of the chopped figs down the center of the breast. Sprinkle goat cheese on top with rosemary.
- Fold the other side of the chicken over the mixture and secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breast.
- Place the stuffed chicken breast into the skillet. Brown on one side for 5-6 minutes. Place entire skillet into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking make the sauce.
- Place figs in a medium sized skillet over high heat with red wine and brown sugar. Reduce until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes. Serve on top of the chicken.