FAJITA TURKEY BURGERS WITH CHAMPAGNE KETCHUP
Finally, a heart-healthy burger packed with flavor!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (I use yellow and red)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 5 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 spoonful of Champagne Ketchup (Victoria Amory)
- 5 multi-grain hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, diced
- 5 slices tomato
- sliced red onion
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, worcestershire, pepper, salt and oats until well blended. Form the mixture into five equal sized burger patties. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the patties to firm up...they will be come a little mushy and soft from handling.
- Cook the burgers on a gas grill over medium heat for approximately 4-5 minutes and then flip. Cook for an additional 4 minutes or until done. Turn the grill over and top the burgers with cheese. Close the grill and allow the cheese to melt for a couple minutes.
- Transfer the burgers to the rolls and top with Champagne Ketchup (Victoria Amory) avocado, lettuce, onion and tomato. Serve immediately.
- Eat & Devour!! :) Enjoy!