Double Banana, Banana Bread French Toast
- 2, thick slices of gluten free banana bread
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed until egg-like
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil/butter/ghee/oil for cooking
- In a wide bowl whisk the egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Add in the mashed banana and whisk together.
- Soak both slices of bread in the bowl for about 3 minutes.
- Gently flip and soak for another 3 minutes.
- Heat an 8-10” skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- Once hot, place the soaked bread in the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Gently flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Eat as is [delicious without any topping!] or top with banana nut butter spread, butter, maple syrup, etc.