Cashews, red cabbage, & oranges combine for a simple salad.
- 1/2 c. raw cashews
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/4 head purple cabbage
- 3 oranges, sliced & quartered
- 1/4 c. agave
- 1/4 c. dairy-free mayonaise or 1/4 c. raw cashews
- Juice from one orange
- 2-3 TBS. raw apple cider vinegar
- Wash & chop romaine.
- Thinly slice purple cabbage.
- Peel, slice into thin discs & then peel segments (so it looks like little triangles).
- In large bowl, toss romaine & cabbage, most of the oranges (save a handful for the top), & most of the cashews (save a handful for the top).
- Top with remaining cashews & oranges.
- Wisk all ingredients & chill before serving. Note: I like Nasoya mayonaise, it's oil-free.
Additional Nutrition Info: For salad: 6 g protein, 26 g carbs, 7 g fiber For dressing w/ mayonaise, per 2 TBS.: 65 calories, 2.5 g fat, 11 g carbs, .5 g protein, .5 g fiber