Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
Loaded with salsa verde and delicious chopped tomatoes, this healthy crock pot chicken is incredibly flavorful and extremely easy to make.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 5 minutes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 jar (16-ounces) Salsa Verde (I use Herdez Salsa Verde)
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) chili powder
- 1 onion , diced, for garnish
- chopped parsley or cilantro , for garnish
- Lightly spray the crock with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken in the crock pot.
- Add salsa verde, chopped tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook for 3.5 to 4 hours on HIGH, or 5 to 6 hours on LOW.
- Remove cover and transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; using two forks, shred the chicken.*
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Top with diced onions and fresh parsley or cilantro.
Recipe NotesNUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVINGCalories: 309Total Fat: 10.8Saturated Fat. 2.8Cholesterol: 121 mgSodium: 650 mgCarbohydrates: 9.8Fiber: 2.1Sugar: 4.5Protein: 41.7To shred the chicken, you can also place it in a mixing bowl and use your hand mixer or stand mixer to shred the chicken.
*You can serve this with flour tortillas, sandwich bread, and/or burger buns.
You can also serve it as is.
***Place leftovers in a container with a lid and refrigerate for 3 to 5 days.