Crispy Crab Rangoon's (Vegan)
Crispy wonton shells with vegan crab(psst.....it's carrots) and cream cheese filling with other awesome stuff!
- 1/2 C. Vegan cream cheese, I used Daiya
- 1/4 C. Carrots, shredded fine
- 1 tsp. Kelp powder
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Agave nectar
- 1 tsp. Soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Scallions, chopped
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 12-18 Vegan wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Small bowl of water
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all the filling ingredients and whisk, or beat with a hand mixer until fully combined.
- Heat about 1/2 an inch of oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- Assemble the crab rangoon by taking a wonton wrapper and placing about 1/2 tsp.-3/4 tsp. of filling in the center. Using your small bowl of water, wet all the edges of the wrapper and fold point to point making a triangle. Make sure all the edges are sealed together by pressing really well.
- Once the oil is hot, fry 2 to 3 rangoons at a time, fry for about 1 minute on one side, flip and fry for another minute on the other side until both sides are nice and brown.
- Serve immediately when all of them are done, I recommend serving with soy sauce and sweet chili sauce!
- You should be able to find kelp powder easily, in the International food section at the store. Or at any health food store.
- I found vegan wonton wrappers at my local Asian market, but if you don't have one, I have seen them at Whole Foods and other health food stores.