Creamy Tagliatelle with Bacon, Portobello Mushrooms and Truffle Oil
Author: Julia Frey of Vikalinka
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 strips of bacon/pancetta, chopped
- 4-5 baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 200 gr fresh or dried tagliatelle or linguine
- ⅓ cup/100 ml double cream/heavy creamy
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp truffle oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Note that fresh pasta only takes about 3 minutes to cook after the water boils.
- While pasta is cooking cook chopped bacon over medium heat in 1 tbsp of olive oil until it renders fat, drain it if your bacon is too fatty.
- Add sliced portobello mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, add salt and pepper.
- Drain cooked pasta and reserve ½ cup of water you cooked pasta in. Do not rinse your pasta.
- Take the pan with bacon and mushrooms off the heat.
- To the pan add hot pasta, truffle oil, double/heavy cream and grated parmesan gently toss to coat.
- Your pasta will absorb the sauce very quickly. Add reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce to a silky smooth consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.