Creamy Cucumber Salad
Prep time: 7 mins
Total time: 7 mins
This German cucumber salad is easy, creamy and good.
Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Skill Level: Easy
Cost To Make: $4-$6 Varies by Season
Serving: 4-6 (as a side salad)
- 1½ lbs cucumbers (2 english cucumbers or 7-10 small ones)
- ½ medium purple or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh or frozen dill, chopped
- ¾ cup sour cream (reduced fat is ok)
- ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice (from ½ small lemon)
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp sea salt and pinch black pepper, or to taste
- In a small bowl, combine ¾ cup sour cream, ½ Tbsp lemon juice, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1 Tbsp dill, ½ tsp salt or to taste and a pinch of pepper. Stir and set aside while prepping salad.
- Slice cucumbers into thin rounds or half rounds if using large cucumbers. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add thinly sliced onion. Just before serving stir sauce into the salad and mix to coat cucumbers. After adding sauce, the salad will stay fresh for about 2-3 hours if refrigerated.
Notes*For best results, add the creamy sour cream dressing to the cucumber salad just before serving.
*Fresh lemon juice works best.
*I've tested plain Greek yogurt and it works (although not quite as good), just omit lemon juice if using.