CHICKEN TAMALE SOUP
Chicken Tamale Soup is a full on spice with a slight sweetness much like your favorite tamale! Comes together quickly and is naturally gluten free so there is no guilt with this soup!
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ red onion
- ½ white onion
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) corn, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped candied jalapenos
- 32 oz chicken broth
- ½ cup polenta
- 1½ pounds chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Avocado, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Jalapeno White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat a large pot over medium heat. Add oil; once heated add onions. Once soft, add peppers. Saute about 10 minutes until peppers are soft and onions are clear.
- Add black beans, corn, jalapenos, enchilada sauce and chicken stock. Stir to combine.
- Add polenta and whisk to combine well. Turn heat to medium high, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and let cook 20 minutes to heat through; stirring often to ensure polenta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken and heat through.
- To serve, top with cilantro, avocado and jalapeno white cheddar cheese.