Chicken Cordon Bleu w/ French Gruyere Cheese & Canadian Bacon
- ½ lb Boar's Head Canadian Style Bacon , thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 Large eggs , lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Water
- 2 tsp Thyme
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Diced Pancetta
- 4 Double Chicken Breastss
- 1 lb Boar's Head French Gruyere
- Kosher salt , to taste
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Discard plastic wrap.
- Lay 2 slices of cheese on each breast, followed by 2 slices of ham, and 2 more of cheese; leaving a 1/2-inch margin on all sides to help seal the roll.
- Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll. Squeeze the roll gently to seal.
- Using three separate shallow bowls, season the flour with salt and pepper, mix the breadcrumbs with thyme, koahwe salt, pepper, and oil and beat eggs and water until the mixture is well blended.
- Lightly dust the chicken with flour then dip in the egg mixture and gently coat in the bread crumbs.
- Carefully transfer the rolls to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until browned and cooked through.