Chicken Alfredo Biscuit Bake
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Medium (about 1 Cup) Onion, Large Dice
- 1 Cup Mushroom Slices
- 1 Cup Frozen Broccoli, rinsed under hot water to partially thaw
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas, rinsed under hot water to partially thaw
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn, rinsed under hot water to partially thaw
- 2 tsp Italian Seasonings (I used dried Oregano and Basil)
- 2 Cups meat taken from a store bought, fully cooked, fully seasoned Rotisserie Chicken, large dice
- 1-1/2 Cups Alfredo Sauce
- Several grinds from a Pepper Mill (to taste)
- 1 Can or tube Buttermilk Biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grand brand)
- 1 TBS Butter Melted
- 1 TBS Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Prepare a large baking dish by spraying with non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a heavy frying pan, melt butter, add onions and saute for 5 minutes until the onions soften and turn translucent.
- Add the Mushrooms and saute another 2 minutes
- Add the Broccoli, Peas and Corn and saute for another 2 minutes
- Add the Alfredo Sauce and Chicken, stir to mix and heat thoroughly (about 5 more minutes)
- Season with Italian seasonings and Pepper
- Pour into the large baking dish (note: it occurred to me that if I made this in a cast iron skillet or oven safe stainless steel frying pan I could make this a one pot meal).
- Slice the biscuits in half, line the Alfredo vegetables with the biscuits, cut ends on top of the Alfredo vegetables, circle the pan evenly placed. lean the biscuits against each other. I had also reserved a couple of the prettier broccoli florets to place in the center for presentation
- Brush the melted butter on top of the biscuits, sprinkle with the finely grated Parmesan.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 10 minutes
- Remove the foil and bale for another 10 minutes. Double check that the biscuits are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve HOT and ENJOY!!!