If you are looking for a crispy, savoury, cheesy seafoody snack then look no further! put This easy to make spring roll is a mus and a huge crowd pleaser!
- 15-20 spring roll paper
- 2 cups imitation crab meat (chopped or shredded)
- 250 g cream cheese (1 package)
- 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2-3 stalks green onions (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
Leave the cream cheese in room temperature for an hour to soften it up
Once the cream cheese is soft, mix in the mozzerella, worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar and sugar
Chop up or shred the crab meat and mix it into the cheese mixture
Mince the garlic and finely chop the green onions and add it into the cheese mixture
Carefully peel 2-3 spring roll sheets at a time, and keep it covered with a damp cloth or paper towel to prevent it from drying out
Working with 1 sheet at a time, put the sheet in front of you with a corner facing you
Add a few spoonfuls of crab and cheese mixture near the bottom of the paper (but away from all edges) into a log shape.
Start rolling from the bottom, then take 1 side from the left or right and fold it into the centre while rolling.
Then take the other side on the left or right side and fold it into the centre and continue to roll
Wet the top corner with water or egg (which will be the glue to seal the spring roll) and keep rolling until all the paper is sealed.
Put aside covered with a damp cloth or paper towel and continue making the rest of the spring rolls
Heat up the oil to 350F (176C), and fry them for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you are deep frying these on a stove top in a pot, use medium heat and keep a close eye on them, when they turn golden brown pull them out. They still continue to cook after they have been pulled out of the oil.
Volia! Enjoy these crispy bite sized little snacks!
- If your spring rolls don't stay sealed with water, you can use an egg to seal it
- Keep the spring roll papers and spring rolls covered with a damp cloth or paper towel so they don't dry out
- Leave the cream cheese out in room temperature for at least an hour to soften it up, this will make the mixing a lot easier.
- Optional Dipping Sauces : Seafood sauce or Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce!