Caramalized Pear, Brie and Honey Tartines
- 4 Ripe Corella Pears
- 250g Triple Cream Brie
- 4 tbs of Honey
- 4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 1 loaf of crusty bread or baguette
- Extra thyme, watercress and smoked salt to garnish
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees.
- Thinly slice the pears on a mandolin. Once slice, place the pears on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Drizzle or brush generously with honey. Sprinkle with thyme, smoked salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place the pears in the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until brown and beginning to caramelize, then remove from oven and let stand.
- Cut the crusty bread into slices and top with chopped slices of the brie.
- Change the already pre-heated oven to grill mode.
- Place the bread and brie under the grill until the brie just begins to melt and the bread begins to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Top the bread with the caramelized pears, extra thyme, cracked black pepper and a sprinkle of brie (if desired).
- Place under the grill and let toast and melt for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted and the toast is beginning to brown further and crisp.
- Remove from the oven, season and garnish with watercress, thyme and an extra drizzle of honey and serve hot.