Brie, Fig & Pear Panini
Serves: 4 panini
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread or other rustic bread
- 3 Tbs butter
- 8 Tbs fig preserves
- 8 oz. brie, cut into thin slices
- 2 Asian pears, cored and sliced
- Baby Arugula
- Heat a panini machine or a grill pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread fig preserves on unbuttered side of one slice. Layer with pear, brie, and arugula. Place other piece of bread on top and put in panini maker or grill pan. If using a grill pan, place something heavy on top of sandwich and press down until cheese begins to melt.
- Repeat with rest of sandwiches. Slice and serve immediately while cheese is warm.