- 2 cups of cherry or rosa tomatoes, cut into half or quarters
- 3T chopped basil
- 1 fior di latte mozzarella ball / about a cup (250g weight in liquid)
- extra basil leaves to garnish
- 3 sheets of phyllo pastry
- 20g butter, melted in the microwave
- 2t olive tapenade
- 5T extra virgin olive oil
- 2T good quality red or white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C / 350 F and grease 9 cups in a 12 cup non-stick muffin tray.
- Working quickly, lightly brush a sheet of phyllo pastry with melted butter and then cut it into 9 roughly equal squares. Place the square of pastry, buttered side up, over the muffin hole and gently press it in. Repeat with the other two sheets of phyllo, overlapping the pastry as you place it over the previous piece. You want to have 3 squares of pastry per muffin hole, overlapped.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until it is golden brown (make sure you watch this carefully).
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Cut the tomatoes into roughly the same size pieces and toss in the bowl with the basil.
- Cut the mozzarella ball into equal size pieces and mix with the tomatoes and basil.
- Put all the salad ingredients into a glass jar and shake vigorously, tasting to adjust the seasoning and intensity as you go. Add more tapenade or oil to suit your preference.
- Just before you are about to serve, pour enough dressing over the salad to coat it well, toss and dish up into the cooled phyllo cups. garnish with fresh basil leaves.
You can make the phyllo baskets ahead of time or the day before and store in an airtight container. If you want to intensify the olive flavor, drop half a teaspoon of tapenade into the bottom of each phyllo basket before you add the salad