Canadian Bacon and Cheese Savory Tarts
Author: Carrie @ poet in the pantry
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 17.3-ounce package puff pastry, thawed
- 1-2 Tablespoons flour for dusting
- ¼ cup honey mustard
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- ⅓-1/2 6-ounce package Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface, then take out the sheets of puff pastry.
- Gently unfold puff pastry sheets and cut on the fold lines, then cut again across the middle, perpendicular to your other cuts so that you have a total of 12 pieces of puff pastry.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheets.
- Using a fork, poke holes roughly 1 inch from the edge of each square, creating a rectangle inside of each (this will help keep the puff pastry from puffing up too much in the middle).
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey mustard and mayonnaise. Spread about ½ Tablespoon of the mixture inside the rectangles on each square.
- Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheese in the rectangles on each square.
- Sprinkle diced Canadian Bacon over that.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush over the edges of the squares.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown, rotating sheets halfway through cook time.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheated in a toaster oven.