Butternut Stuffed Turkey Tenderloin with Cranberries and Pecans
Turkey tenderloins stuffed with a sweet and savory filling of butternut squash, cranberries, sage and pecans – this tastes like Thanksgiving, all wrapped up in one dish!
- 2 boneless turkey tenderloins (1 lb total)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (6 oz) diced butternut squash, 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (replace with honey for Paleo, omit Whole30)
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale
- 3 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 6 to 8 pieces cooking twine
- cooking spray
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add shallots and garlic and sauté over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes, or until golden. Add butternut squash, cranberries, maple syrup and 1 tablespoon water and cover; cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and add kale, salt, sage, and pepper, cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool and mix in pecans.
- Cut a pocket into the sides of the tenderloins, careful not to cut all the way through at the ends. Season the inside and outside of the turkey with salt.
- Stuff each turkey breast with about 3/4 cup of squash mixture. Cut cooking twine long enough to tie each breast with 3 to 4 pieces of twine. Cut off extra twine.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, lightly spray with cooking spray. Carefully sear each turkey breast on each side about 2 minutes. Pour 1 tablespoon water into the skillet and cover tight with foil. (Or transfer to a baking dish and cover tight with foil). Cook in the center of the oven 25 minutes.
- Allow to sit 5 minutes before cutting off twine and slicing each turkey breast in 4 slices. Spoon any pan juices over the turkey and serve.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 2 slices
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 4
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 221
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Sodium: 880mg
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 22g
Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/butternut-stuffed-turkey-tenderloin/#hraDvMkk4xFl22tq.99