Yields 6 servings approximately
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4-5 tablespoons skim milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons butter, browned (here are instructions on how to do it)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them into chunks and add them to a pot of water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil and let them cook until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mince the rosemary and brown the butter.
- When the potatoes are fork tender, drain them then return them to the pot.
- Add in the salt, pepper, minced rosemary, milk and brown butter.
- Use a potato masher to mash them to your desired consistency.