Brie and Chive Biscuits
Brie and Chive biscuits are a perfect side to complete your meal. Brie adds some extra flakiness to these buttermilk biscuits & chives for a pop of flavor.
Author: The Gracious Wife
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces Brie, cut into ½ inch pieces (including the rind)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the butter and cut together with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Add the Brie and chives and toss to combine.
- Add the buttermilk and stir, just until moistened.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it a couple times to bring it together. Roll out to one inch thick.
- With a 2-inch round cookie cutter (or a small glass), cut out biscuits. Reshape the scraps as necessary.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes, or until golden.