CHEDDAR CHIVE AND BACON BISCUITS
Author: The Seasoned Mom for Mommy on Demand
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- ½ cup diced cooked bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, toss together cheese, chives, and bacon with 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut in butter.
- Add milk and stir just enough to bring the ingredients together. This should make a soft dough. Gently fold in the cheese mixture.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 1 minute.
- Pat or roll out dough to ½ or ¾-inch thickness.
- Cut into rounds (I used a 2 ½ inch round biscuit cutter, but a juice glass will also work!).
- For crisp biscuits, place far apart on an ungreased baking sheet. For fluffier biscuits, place them close together on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.