Blueberry “Pizza” with Honeyed Goat Cheese and Prosciutto
makes 3 small pizzas
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 small pieces of naan*
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 4 to 5 slices thinly shaved prosciutto
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- freshly ground black pepper, optional
* I’m using naan for an easy no-hassle lunch. Naan is an oven-baked flatbread. You can find it at most major grocery stores. The one I’m using is a whole wheat naan from Whole Foods and does not contain additives/preservatives. If you can’t find naan, then pita bread will work. To use pizza dough, roll the dough out thinly on a floured surface and place goat cheese and blueberries on the dough. Bake in a 475°F oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden. Follow remaining instructions.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In a bowl, combine goat cheese and honey until well blended.
2. Place the naan on a baking sheet. With a the back end of a spoon or a knife, spread the goat cheese evenly on the naan slices.
3. On top of the goat cheese, add a handful of blueberries. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the naan is toasted and the blueberries softened.
4. Remove from the oven and add prosciutto and 1 teaspoon of thyme to each “pizza.” Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper, if desired. Slice and serve.