BLT Stuffed Avocado
Try this super easy recipe for a lunch for 2 or as a side dish for 4.
- 2 large Hass Avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups small cubed rustic bread
- 1 medium tomato, cored, diced
- 1/3 cup spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Halve the avocados and pit. Brush inside and out with the lemon juice. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the bread, tomato, spinach, bacon, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Toss lightly to combine. Fill each avocado half with ¼ of the bread mixture, packing lightly.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until the bread stuffing begins to brown. Remove and serve immediately.
Read more at http://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2013/01/blt-stuffed-avocado.html#yRAIiLRpBEYfAzZV.99