BLT Biscuit Sliders
The classic BLT sandwich gets turned into delicious sliders with fluffy biscuits, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and an avocado mayo.
For the biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white cheddar, shredded
- 1½ cups cold heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 15 slices bacon, cut in half
- 4 to 5 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 8 to 10 pieces romaine lettuce, rinsed and cut
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup orange marmalade, or any flavored jam or jelly
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Line another baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Arrange bacon slices evenly on the baking sheet with aluminum foil. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, turning over halfway through baking, or until the bacon is crisp and cooked through. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in the cheese. Add the heavy cream and mix until the dough comes together. Do not over mix. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a few seconds to form a ball. Roll or pat out the dough about ¾ of an inch thick. Cut biscuits with a 2½ inch biscuit cutter. Arrange on the baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse black pepper. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the mashed avocado, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and mayo. Stir until smooth.
- To assemble the BLT’s, split the biscuits in half. Spread one half with orange marmalade, and the other half with the avocado mayo. Layer with lettuce, bacon and tomato. Sprinkle the tomato slices with a bit of salt (the leftover ½ teaspoon). Top the sliders. Serve warm or at room temperature. The biscuits could be made in advance, stored in the fridge and warmed when ready to assemble. Enjoy!
- yield: 6 servings (about 2 sliders per person)