Black Bean Teriyaki Burgers
These healthy burgers are absolutely bursting with flavor! They're sure to please both vegetarians and meat lovers!
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed, divided
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt (OR salt and pepper to taste)
- 1 cup plain breadrumbs
- 4 burger buns
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- sliced pineapple
- optional: sliced red onions, sesame seeds
- In a bowl combine ½ of the black beans, garlic, parsley, cilantro, and diced red onion and mix until combined. Add ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse several times until a puree forms (does not need to be perfectly smooth)
- Transfer mixture back to the bowl and add remaining black beans, egg, red pepper flakes, and seasoning salt. Mix to combine. If mixture is too runny, add a few tablespoons of bread crumbs until mixture sticks together.
- Form 4 patties with the black bean mixture. Grease your grill. Grill black bean patties over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Place patties on burger buns. Top with pineapple, teriyaki sauce and (optional) sliced red onions and sesame seeds.
*burgers adapted from Sandra Lee