Bison Burgers with Brie, Bacon and Carmelized Pears
Author: Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps
- 1 pound of ground bison
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 pears, cut in half cored and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Red pepper flakes
- 8 slices center-cut bacon
- 4 ounces brie
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 buns
- In a large bowl combine, ground bison, grated onion, garlic, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce. Do not over mix.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook bacon. Drain on paper towels. Remove all but one teaspoon of bacon grease.
- Melt butter over a medium-high heat, swirl pan until butter browns. Add in pears, brown sugar, salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook, until just softened, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a gril pan over a medium high heat. Form bison mixture into four patties. Drizzle buns with olive oil and grill until slightly toasted. Slather with a little bit of mayo.
- Grill burgers until desired doneness, about 2-3 minutes per side for medium. When the burgers are almost done cooking top with brie and pour two tablespoons of water into the pan, cover until cheese is melted, about 30 seconds.
- Top the bottom of each bun with a handful of arugula, then the patty, followed by bacon and pears.