Best Ever Potato Salad - (Free Recipe below)Recipes
Best Ever Potato Salad
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
4 cups cubed red potatoes
10 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 stalk celery, diced
1 small onion, chopped
½ medium green pepper, chopped
1. Boil the potatoes until they are fork tender. (If you're not sure how to boil the potatoes, this is a good resource.) Drain the potatoes and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-low heat until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in the skillet.
3. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar and salt to the reserved bacon drippings in the skillet and whisk to combine.
4. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion and green pepper. Pour the dressing over the ingredients and gently stir to evenly coat. Stir in the bacon.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.