This BBQ black bean tortilla pizza makes a great game day appetizer or a tasty cheesy dinner.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup grated pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- green onions for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, grease a baking sheet with spray.
- Lay one tortilla on the baking sheet, sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheddar and 1/2 cup of pepper jack evenly on the tortilla. Top with the other tortilla and bake for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beans and onions with the olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the spices, salt & pepper.
- Transfer the beans to a small bowl and mash coarsely with a fork or potato masher.
- Spread the bean mixture on top of the tortilla.
- Top with the chicken.
- Drizzle the BBQ sauce on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top and bake for another 7-10 minutes until melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with green onions and/or cilantro.
- Cut into slices with a pizza cutter and serve.