Baja eggs benedict is a spicy take on the traditional breakfast dish. By using pre-made vegetable cakes, the dish only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Dr. Praeger's Vegetable Cakes (the sweet potato and roasted corn are my favorites)
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1/2 cup fresh pico de gallo salsa
- In the basin of blender, combine the avocado, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, water, cilantro, salt and pepper. Pulse until very smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, non-stick skillet. Add in the vegetable cakes and cook until the sides are brown and crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- To assemble the eggs benedict, place a poached egg on top of each veggie cake, top with 1/4 of the salsa, and drizzle with 1/4 of the avocado hollandaise sauce.