BACON WRAPPED DATES WITH A HONEY BALSAMIC REDUCTION
Author: Jenny B - Honey and Birch
- 30 dates, with the pits removed and slit open
- 10 slices of bacon, cut into thirds
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (skin removed)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
For the Dates
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and cover a baking sheet with foil. Combine the goat cheese and almonds in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Stuff each date with the goat cheese mixture - you want to stuff them so they are full but not overflowing. Wrap a piece of bacon around the date so that the date's opening is covered - stretch the bacon if you need to.
- Place the bacon covered date on the baking sheet, with the bacon edges on the bottom. Repeat with all the dates/bacon, spacing evenly on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bacon is crispy, and remove from the oven. Let cool completely before serving.
For the Reduction:
- While the dates are baking, combine the honey and balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, or until combination is reduced by half. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let sit to thicken.